75 TO SWITCH USING THE CURRENT ACCOUNT SWITCH SERVICE.
Terms and conditions.
To qualify for the 75 switching offer ( the offer ) you must use the Current Account Switch Service and meet the following conditions:
- Use the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to switch into an open new or existing Reward Current Account, Ultimate Reward Current Account ( 15 monthly fee), or an existing Current Account if opened before 3rd December 2016.
- Use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank and close this account.
You are not eligible for the offer if:
- you are switching to a Basic Account, Youth Account or a Student Account;
- you have previously received any other offer or benefits for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012;
- you are a Bank of Scotland bank account customer switching to Halifax;
- the bank you are switching from does not participate in the Current Account Switch Service. To find out if your bank participates, visit the Payments Council website www.simplerworld.co.uk
What else do you need to know?
- The offer applies to applications received in branch, online (Ultimate Reward Current Account and Reward Current Account only) or by phone from from 1st August 2017. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
- The offer does not automatically guarantee an overdraft. Any application made for an overdraft will be subject to status. If your account has an overdraft you will not pay any daily overdraft fees for 6 months provided you stay within your planned overdraft limit; if you exceed your planned overdraft limit, then unplanned overdraft fees will still apply.
- After 6 months, or if you change your account, you will be charged daily overdraft fees applicable to the account you hold if you use your overdraft. Please see the Getting Started Guide applicable to your account for full details on overdraft fees. You will have been given a Getting Started Guide when you opened your account, but if you would like another one, please ask in branch or look at www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/rates-rewards-fees .
- If you do not meet the conditions of the offer we may claim back the 75. We will do this by debiting 75 from your account.
- Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment. If any joint account customer has already benefited from the offer in their sole name, no payment will be made for that joint account.
- The offer will be paid directly into your account by the time your switch has completed. The payment will appear as a cash credit.
- The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information and FAQs, please read the Account Switching Guide (PDF) .
1 We use a range of third party providers for the Ultimate Reward Current Account benefits. For full details of the benefits, policies, account terms and conditions and the range of third party providers we use, please read the Getting Started Guide (PDF) .
2 The Ultimate Reward Current Account will cost 15 a month. However, if in the previous calendar month you pay in 750 or more and pay out at least 2 different direct debits and remain in credit you’ll pay the lower monthly account fee of 12. You’ll also need to keep your account open/not change it to a different type of current account until the fee is due to be debited (by the second working day of the following calendar month).
Halifax current accounts and services are offered subject to status. Available only to personal customers aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
Whether you can have an overdraft and the amount will depend upon your personal circumstances at the time you apply for one. Any overdraft we agree is repayable on demand, including any fees or interest. We subscribe to The Lending Code .
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk/. You can also visit our Financial Services Compensation Scheme page for more details.